Massage therapy offers a natural conservative treatment approach that relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is tailored to meet the patient's condition and injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include increasing blood circulation, reducing swelling, relaxing muscles, relieving muscle pain and spasms, and aid in recovery and range of motion. We implement the latest techniques involving massage therapy. Dr. Anderson oversees care.
Types of Massage/Bodywork:
- Deep Tissue Massage: A coin phrase that signifies strong area specific bodywork with client feedback as opposed to passive relaxation massage. Deep tissue includes but is not limited to sports massage, neuromuscular therapy, and rolfing. Little to no lubrication is used to more precisely address the deeper neuro-muscular structure below the surface.
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT): Deep tissue work which evaluates patterns of discomfort to determine which muscles are distorting alignment to cause pain, and releases these muscles systematically, layer by layer.
- Orthopedic Massage: A style of bodywork that focuses on injury rehabilitation by gently realigning and repositioning muscles and muscle groups particularly at the tendonous junctions of bone and tissue.
- Pregnancy Massage: Nurturing for the mother-to-be, this work relieves the physical stress of her changing body and hormones and provides a meditative space in which to attune with her child. Can be deep or light depending on the need. Usually side lying supported with pillows and on one's back.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish is for relaxation and to assist the body in healing. It helps alleviate stress and stiffness in the body. Typically a series of long strokes over the muscle tissue provide a soothing meditative experience.
- Trigger Point : Specific irritant or sore points throughout the body are treated with direct downward pressure to bring relief and stimulation. No oil is used.
• Combinations of the modes above can and usually are included in the same appointment *